Tuesday 19 January 2010

Tuesday 19 January

I had hoped that dumping Virgin Media's broadband offering wouldn't necessarily mean losing my web space, which dated from pre-broadband dial-up days. Well, I was wrong, so here I am at the address I set up a while back against precisely this eventuality. In other respects, the changeover has gone smoothly, with only a few hours off the air. BT's natty black plastic arrived as promised, but I didn't hook it up until the workmen had gone, and I'd had a chance to dust down the chest of drawers it now stands on. Setting up the router and configuring the computers was a simple job, and I haven't encountered any hitches yet. But I still haven't managed to set up the broadband phone that comes with the deal. A job for later today, maybe.

The shower room is functioning, but I'm dissatisfied with some details, so we'll have to have the chaps back, unfortunately.

Another job is to learn how to make Blogspot do what I want. The old web site let me keep separate sections - recipes, pictures, links, book reviews etc, and I know other users have mastered it, so there's some hope for me, however scant.

2 comments:

M. said...

Be patient... :-) I always appreciate your sense o humour in dealing with annoyances...
Shall I replace your old link in PPP by this one?

DCS said...

Yes please, Manuela. And thank you!