More u3a stuff: computer group last Wednesday, Scrabble on Thursday and German conversation today. There’s a huge range of classes and activities on offer from u3a: next, I’ll be trying to rescue the remnants of my French.
Bachelor life here again: Martyn’s sister had a hospital procedure yesterday under general anaesthetic, so he’s over at her place to keep an eye on her for a couple of days. Results reassuring, I gather.
Daily gripe: two years running I have bought tomato seeds from an outfit calling itself Buy4seeds, specifying our favourite miniature plum variety, Sweet Olive. Each time the fruit have ripened to chocolate brown and cherry shaped. The flavour is OK, but the colour is a turn-off for Martyn, who won’t eat them. I bitched at them last year, and got no response. So I’ve probably wasted my time again this morning by complaining again via amazon, attaching photos. The rest of the garden is looking rather sad as we approach this year’s fifth heatwave. It’s just too hot to garden during the day, so it’s watering at sparrowfart and dead-heading in the evening - and a lot of skulking indoors in between.
No comments:
Post a Comment