Monday 27 April 2015

Wet weather programme

I had a crack at this on a small canvas a while back, so thought I'd try to improve on my first thoughts.  This one is 70-some by 50-some cms, and is headed for a new owner along the coast at Mèze.  I may titivate it a little before sending it off, but am conscious of Miss's injunction: 'Don't fiddle!'.  Having got into my stride, I may slap some colour on the other canvas I have in stock.  Need first to find a bit of inspiration, however.  My stocks of paints down here are a shade limited, and mostly of basic, student quality.  I guess that's about right for my level, but the opacity and strength of the pigments leave a lot to be desired cf. artists' paints.  Well, if the intended owner rejects it on those grounds, I'm sure I can find a bit of wall somewhere for it.




No comments: